Saturday, May 1, 2010

Guest Blogger: Melodie Pruitt

Hey guys! It's Melodie. :)
Steph is by far one of my best friends, and has truly brought out the creative side of me since she moved in with my family. So, when I told her I needed more shelf space in my room, I was so excited to hear she was already cooking up a beautiful idea in her head!
Looking through the garage, we found an old shelf my Mom used to put toys on for daycare she used to use. Steph fell in love.

She briefly relayed her idea to me, and we ran out the door, heads cooking up with ideas.
We bought some spray paint, pretty papers, and some Mod Podge. (Mod Podge and spray paint are definitely top on my list of things I love.) Once we got home, we went straight to work.
With our KRYLON spray paint (metallic silver, of course) we went to work. We ran into a mishap with one of the spray paint bottles. But I simply blamed Stephanie, because as soon as I got ahold of it, it worked again. What can I say? I have the magic touch.

As soon as the spray paint was dry (and our brains had settled down from the temporary paint high), we got to work on the Mod Podge.
(Our papers, from JoAnn's, decorated in the perfect grandma prints that I LOVE, were a STEAL. Originally priced $.59, they were on sale for 4 for $1! How cool is that?!)
Steph did all the cutting (I have an issue with straight lines) and cut the papers to match the size of the back of each shelf. Then, we laid it out, and had a little too much fun with the Mod Podge.
We waited all night long for it to dry, and by mid-day the next day, it was finally dry.

(It looks a lot shinier and bumpier here than it actually is.)
I quickly loaded up my things on it, and found that everything fit perfectly. Even though, I know, in the near future, we may need to make another one because there isn't room for much more.

Isn't it PERFECT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment