Friday, May 28, 2010

"nesting" and look books

i am in a season of life where i feel the need to "nest". i keep dreaming of one day having my own house to paint and decorate, my own garden to till and weed, my own sewing room to organize and bring life to my art. since i do not have these things at present, i am compelled to want to paint other's rooms, or rearrange mine and nikki's rooms over and over.

don't get me wrong, i LOVE the place i am in. i love the freedom i have. i love the life i get to live. the part of me that is looking forward, is played by a small child in anticipation of a future christmas. i am giddy with excitement for what will one day be. BUT it is just beginning to be summer outside and i wouldn't trade my excitement for christmas, for the sun on my face and the smell of flowers everywhere!

on another note:
i'm five.
the other day i played dress-up and the talented melodie pruitt captured my moment of five-ness.
so here you have it, a look book of sorts.


oh yes, how i adore summer. :)

1 comment:

  1. that yellow skirt with the belt is adorable! it looks so perfect for summer

    ReplyDelete